There are a lot of scheduling tools out there and they are great because they help out in making our lives much more organized. Life is easier when tasks are scheduled, right? Today, we will review of the most popular products of today. Placing #1 as product of the month on Product Hunt, we have put Calendso to the test for you so you can decide whether or not it is worth its title.
What does Calendso.com do?
Just like its competitor, Calendly, Calendso is a scheduling platform that allows you to maximize your time better and make things easier for you and your team. It helps you know your schedule and allow your teammates or people to schedule things with you to figure out when you are available.
Calendso also offers integration of other apps such as Google Calendar, Outlook Calendar, Zoom and more. With these integrations, your schedule would be more organized, and everything would be in one place so that you would never have to miss out on any bookings or appointments ever again!
Who is it for?
If you are looking for a tool that will:
- be self-hosted
- be all about you
- help you take control of events
- ready to be used on your domain
- be easily customized
- have no restrictions on design
- lots of embed choices
- come with a lot of integrations
- automatically check your busy times
- help you invite your guest for a meeting
- reminds you of what needs to be done
If you are any of the following:
- if you are a startup that wants to grow your business more without having to spend a lot of money
- if you are a member of an enterprise that wants to have its own reliable host
- if you are part of a government agency that wants to help meet the standards and provide clients with the utmost privacy and the best services
then Calendso is the right one for you.
Calendso.com user interface, usability and features
Calendso gives you the freedom to take control over your day and your life. It helps you to easily manage your task and your meetings so you will be able to achieve your goals faster.
Using Calendso is relatively easy you will be faced with the following after you have set it up:
- Your profile including a quick introduction of what you have to offer
- Calendar that shows the available days of the month/year
With this, it would be relatively easy for people or your teammates to be able to schedule and check what days of the month or day of the year you are free. They can easily hover with their mouse over the dates and click the date that they desire to have an appointment with you.
Time Slot List
By clicking on a specific date,the list of available time slots will be shown and the person who wants to schedule with you should be able to select what time he or she would want.
Detailing your schedule
I found that scheduling your appointment is very easy and Calendso would also ask for the details on what the meeting will be all about as there is a box that denotes “Additional notes” in which the appointment setter can easily put some notes to let you know on what the meeting is all about.
I found that this specific feature makes the entire thing very simple but convenient at the same time.
Quick email notifications
Calendso would also give you quick email notifications as soon as you have scheduled a meeting or as soon as someone has scheduled a meeting with you.
I have found it very convenient to have an email notification so that I will be immediately notified in case someone has made an appointment with me. It is also great that the person who has set up the appointment will consequently receive an email.
Google Calendar Syncing
Calendso is very proud to say that it has a lot of integrations in which you can sync the tasks that will be made in their calendar to almost all of your available calendars out there.
This means that you can have all of your schedule in one place. I tried to sync the schedule I had made in my Google Calendar and it was suprisingly very easy.
Having everything written out and ready for scheduling in Google Calendar is pretty much what is great about the integrations of Calendso.
Outlook calendar syncing
Besides Google Calendar, you can also synch your Calendso schedule with Outlook Calendar. It allows you to create events and check for the times that you already are taken.
Calendso also allows you to integrate schedules with Zoom, Microsoft Teams, GoToMeeting as well as Zapier. Everything is really built-in around it so you should not have any problems integrating all your schedules and tasks in one place.
Calendso offers simple pricing at no costs at all if you are going to be the one to set everything up yourself. On the ohter hand, you will need to pay a $12/month/user fee if you want them to host everything for you and have it with customizable technology. For those that are in the enterprise, you will need to contact them to get a rate.
The prices are on par with the prices of its competitors.
- easy to use scheduling tool
- rich in integration
- everything can be put together in one place
- has a free option to host
- simple interface but very classy
- allows user to customize at $12/month
- mobile version is similar to the web version in terms of appointment setting
- Installing the app on a desktop device can be a bit techy and challenging
- fewer plan options compared to other competitors